This course prepares students for college by:• Developing students as readers and writers
• Teaching critical thinking strategies
• Providing support so students can meet high expectations
• Developing students' strengths in technology
• Helping students to create and meet goals
• Keep an organized 3-ring binder
• Write questions and participate in weekly tutorial sessions
• Complete all homework as expected by core and elective teachers
College Prep is an elective course available to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Students are encouraged to take College Prep every year.
For one class period a day, students in College Prep learn organizational and study skills, work on critical thinking and asking probing questions, get academic help from peers, and participate in enrichment and motivational activities that make college more attainable. Students enrolled in College Prep are typically enrolled in the school's most rigorous classes in addition to the College Prep elective. As students progress, their self-images improve, and they become academically successful leaders and role models for other students.
The College Prep methods care used in content-area classes (English language arts, math, science, and humanities).
For more information, contact the College Prep teacher, Fred Kreienkamp at 303.853.5585, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.